(Cook and Prep Time: 1 hour, chef: Campbell)
2 cups flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
4 teaspoons Healthy Heart Seasoning
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons shortening
1 cup buttermilk (chilled)
1) Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2) In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, Healthy Heart Seasoning, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3) Rub butter and shortening into dry ingredients until mixture looks like crumbs.
4) Make a well in the center and pour in the chilled buttermilk. Stir just until the dough comes together - it’ll be very sticky!
5) Turn dough onto floured surface, dust top with flour and gently fold dough over on itself 5-6 times. Press into 1” thick rouch, cut out biscuits with 2” cutter being sure to press straight down through the dough. Place biscuits on baking sheet so that they just touch. Reform scrap dough, working it as little as possible and continue cutting.
6) Bake until biscuits are tall and light gold on top, 15 to 20 minutes.
📷 Try this recipe at home, snap a picture of it, and tag us on Instagram @oldbarrelteaco!
Hello! My name is Maggie! I am a Marine Scientist that was moved to the New Mexican desert with my family by the Air Force! That move was never in my plan, even in my wildest dreams, and I felt lost in the desert for awhile! Meeting the founding owners of Old Barrel Tea Company and falling in love with the store allowed me to find an oasis in the desert! I had no idea what loose leaf tea was, but now I believe in this company and the product! I hope that I can extend some of the love and knowledge with all of our followers and readers!
This section will not be visible in live published website. Below are your current settings:
Current Number Of Columns are = 3
Expand Posts Area = 1
Gap/Space Between Posts = 10px
Blog Post Style = card
Use of custom card colors instead of default colors =
Blog Post Card Background Color = current color
Blog Post Card Shadow Color = current color
Blog Post Card Border Color = current color
Publish the website and visit your blog page to see the results