Pecan Pie Pu Erh and Horchata Rooibos is a blend full of fall flavors, featuring the nuttiness of the pecans and cinnamon spice! It is moderately caffeinated, promotes weight-loss, promotes strong bones, great for skin and hair health, and is antioxidant rich! We love to sip on this iced tea all day long throughout the summer to stay hydrated and cool!
Ingredients FOR CRUST:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp OBTC sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
Ingredients FOR FILLING:
- 3 eggs
- 1 can pumpkin puree (15oz)
- 1 tbsp Mexican Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/4 tsp OBTC Vietnamese Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 7 tbsp of OBTC Raw Unfiltered Honey (Avocado preferred)
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup canned full fat coconut milk
Directions FOR CRUST:
1) Preheat oven to 350 F. In a medium mixing bowl mix almond flour and salt. Add melted coconut oil, egg, pumpkin spice and almond extract. Mix until dough is formed.
2) With coconut oil, lightly grease a glass 9 inch pie pan. Place dough in pan and pat dough to the bottom and sides of the pan until evenly spread. Bake crust in oven for only 5 minutes. Remove semi baked crust and set aside.
Directions FOR FILLING:
3) Mix all filling ingredients in a mixing bowl until all ingredients are well mixed. Once all ingredients are well mixed taste the filling and decide if you want to add more honey.
4) Pour filling on the homemade crust. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until filling rises a bit and has the firmness of a pumpkin pie. Poke it with a toothpick or fork to make sure it’s completely cooked.
5) Allow pie to cool for an hour and then it's ready to eat! Refrigerate to store.
Cook time: 45 minutes
8 chicken thighs
Salt and pepper
1 head of garlic separated into whole, unwrapped cloves
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
2 tsp OBTC Herbs de Provence
1 tsp flour
¼ cup chicken stock
½ lemon, juiced
1 box couscous
Fresh Chives & parsley (finely chopped)
1) Preheat oven to 350.
2) Pat dry chicken, salt and pepper liberally and allow to come to room temp on a cutting board while you prepare the garlic. In a large oven-proof saute pan over medium heat, cook the whole garlic cloves in olive oil and butter until lightly golden, about 10 minutes. Remove garlic from pan and set aside. Increase heat to med/high and brown the chicken skin side down until golden brown. Turn the chicken over, sprinkle with OBTC herbs de provence and add garlic back in. Place pan in oven and cook through, about 25 minutes (chicken should temp at 165 away from the bone).
3) Once chicken is done, remove the thighs and garlic and set aside. Place pan over med/high heat and sprinkle the drippings with flour; stir to incorporate. Deglaze pan with the stock and lemon juice. During this process, cook the couscous according to package directions. After cooked, toss in chives and parsley, and place on the bottom of a platter. Add chicken and garlic on top, and pour sauce from the pan over the chicken and couscous!
THE FIFTY-THREE HOUR RUM: a tea cocktail featuring Belizean Sorrel Guayusa and Malibu Caribbean Rum with Coconut
The idea for this cocktail came while sipping cocktails on the tropical coasts of Belize and Mexico - and we think it is the perfect beach drink! The sweetness of the Malibu Caribbean Rum with Coconut helps mellow out the tartness of the hibiscus of the Belizean Sorrel Guayusa! It is so tasty and simple to make! Check it out below!👇
September is a wonderful midpoint between the end of summer and the start of Autumn that eases us into the colder months. As temperatures start cooling down, now is the perfect time to start transitioning from your favorite iced teas to hot teas! Our September Tea of the Month is a great transitional tea! Read more below! 👇
Mornings during the week can be tough whether you're going to school or going to work! Maybe it's the first day of school or a brand new job, maybe you have a test, or maybe you have a meeting that you're not looking forward to! Whatever it may be, these blends are perfect to diffuse to help get you out of bed and ready for the daunting task ahead!
A GOOD NIGHT'S SLEEP
Again, what's the one thing students can't get enough of?? Sleep! These blends are perfect to diffuse in the evening, as you're getting yourself, or little ones, all tucked in toasty tight!
Everyday Uses for Tea Tree Essential Oil
Applying essential oils directly to the skin may cause irritation, so we recommend using a carrier oil, like coconut or jojoba oil! Or wear your favorite essential oil on an Essential Oil Diffusing Bracelet! They are hand-made with love, and each bracelet is unique!
HONEYSUCKLE BLOSSOM OOLONG
We love Oolong tea because it is great for both increasing mental alertness and promoting relaxation - a perfect combination we love for long study sessions, or any type of work, that requires mental energy and focus!
Lemongrass, being a powerful antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory, will help to reduce muscle and joint pain, while fighting off sicknesses that tends to circulate around a classroom.
If you love Jasmine Green Tea, you'll love this floral treat! We love Honeysuckle Blossom Oolong unsweetened and served over ice.
TROPICAL BLACK & LAVENDERSAGE LEMONADE
With black tea, lemongrass, lemon myrtle, lavender, sage, and licorice root, this blend is an overall wellness booster! We love to drink this tea during the school or work day because we believe when you feel better, you perform better!
Black teas are high in caffeine but, because of L-theanine, the caffeine experience is much smoother than what you experience when drinking coffee. This means you can count on getting an energy boost without the spike and fall we tend to experience with coffee. The herbs in this blend are packed with antioxidants that help promote brain health and memory. This, of course, is the ultimate tool for performing well on tests!
Tropical Black blended with Lavender Sage Lemonade tastes like a herby Arnold Palmer! We recommend serving with a big scoop of honey, fresh squeezed lemon, and, of course, poured over ice!
Our July 2019 Tea of the Month is Blood Orange blended with Lemongrass! And if you're familiar with OBTC and our teas, you may notice that we use Lemongrass a LOT! It is found in some of our single blends, such as Honeysuckle Blossom Oolong and Irish Pu Erh; and we blend it with other teas, like Blood Orange (July 2019 Tea of the Month), Blueberry and Peppermint!
Lemongrass grows in many tropical and subtropical areas! In fact, I have had many guests visiting our stores tell me that they have Lemongrass growing in their backyards or in their kitchens! When added to a tea blend, this caffeine-free herb gives the blend a light citrus taste and softens some of the bolder or bitter tastes the accompanying tea may have. Lemongrass also has SO many health benefits! Keep reading to learn why we love Lemongrass so much! 👇
Hello! My name is Maggie! I am a Marine Scientist that was moved to the New Mexican desert with my family by the Air Force! That move was never in my plan, even in my wildest dreams, and I felt lost in the desert for awhile! Meeting the founding owners of Old Barrel Tea Company and falling in love with the store allowed me to find an oasis in the desert! I had no idea what loose leaf tea was, but now I believe in this company and the product! I hope that I can extend some of the love and knowledge with all of our followers and readers!
This section will not be visible in live published website. Below are your current settings:
Current Number Of Columns are = 3
Expand Posts Area = 1
Gap/Space Between Posts = 10px
Blog Post Style = card
Use of custom card colors instead of default colors =
Blog Post Card Background Color = current color
Blog Post Card Shadow Color = current color
Blog Post Card Border Color = current color
Publish the website and visit your blog page to see the results