HERE ARE A FEW EASY TIPS TO HELP YOU ALONG IN YOUR FITNESS JOURNEY THIS NEW YEAR:
1. It's not about cutting anything out: it's about what you add! Our herbalist and master blender is a fitness nut! One of her tips to achieving healthy nutrition is to eat all the veggies on your plate first. Committing to the good stuff may help to shift your attention and cravings away from less nutritional options. This can be metaphorically translated to how we treat our refrigerator as well: buy more veggies + eat more veggies = eat less junk
2. Get plenty of rest. We all know that adequate sleep helps the body function optimally, including boosting your metabolism and reducing empty, fatigue-based cravings... this is just a friendly reminder!
3. Stay hydrated. At OBTC we drink a lot of tea! Tea is great for the body and mind for so many reasons, but it also motivates us to consume more liquids in general. Infusing water with cucumber, strawberries, and lime may create a similar motivation for you as well.
4. Intermittent Fasting: if you want a jump start on weight loss, many fitness professionals recommend eating within an 8 hour time frame. This means if your first meal is at 9 am, your last meal should be at 5 pm. Not everyone's goal is weight loss and this strategy is not for everyone, but it is a great way to kick start your progress if your intention is to shed pounds. You can read more about this ideology online - we're not experts, but some of us have found success giving ourselves dedicated time to consume and dedicated time to digest.
5. Wellness should be a pleasure and we need fat for our bodies and brains to function, so don't go crazy! Your journey should be full of falling in love with new recipes, discovering ways to feel better everyday, and setting your own standards for how you want to feel, look, and live your life.
A FITNESS BOOSTING TEA: IRISH PU ERH
After completing the Matcha Challenge during November and December, our family decided we wanted to do more tea challenges together. We decided Irish Pu Erh would be perfect for this time of year. Here is why....
A TESTIMONIAL THAT INSPIRED US
One of our good friends shared a photo of herself - she lost 30 pounds last year while drinking IRISH PU ERH BLENDED WITH CLEANSE TEA daily. This, of course, wont be everyone's experience as all of our needs are different, but this specific testimonial really inspired us. There is a bit of a back story to make this transformation make more sense though…
IRISH PU ERH WAS INSPIRED BY ANOTHER BLEND: PU ERH FITNESS TEA
We discovered a blend called Pu Erh Fitness Tea in a tea shop in Ireland. We loved it so much because unlike most Pu Erh blends, it was bright, fruity, and refreshing. We asked our herbalist to recreate the blend and (quite lazily) referred to it as "Irish Pu Erh." The name stuck.
BUT WHY WAS IT CALLED FITNESS TEA?
The original blend was called Pu Erh Fitness Tea because of it's powerful ingredients.
Irish Pu Erh/Pu Erh Fitness Tea Ingredients:
Pu Erh Tea is good for promoting healthy gut bacteria, improving digestion, boosting metabolism and burning fat. Yerba Mate is also praised for it's digestion and metabolism boosting benefits. Both of these are highly caffeinated as well so they make a great morning gym companion as they'll give you a lot of energy! Lemongrass is amazing for reducing inflammation, combating the cold and flu, and for reducing overall pain (including pain related to muscle recover post work out). Rosehips are overall wellness boosters, detoxing the body and strengthening immunity but in addition are great for pain-relief and digestion.
This blend is super refreshing, energizing, and makes your gut feel much healthier which in turn makes everything feel better!
Our commitment is to drink Irish Pu Erh everyday for the next 30 days. It is now 2020 and with many resolutions in mind, this is an easy one that will be more of a pleasure than a challenge!
Happy New Year friends!
Hello! My name is Maggie! I am a Marine Scientist that was moved to the New Mexican desert with my family by the Air Force! That move was never in my plan, even in my wildest dreams, and I felt lost in the desert for awhile! Meeting the founding owners of Old Barrel Tea Company and falling in love with the store allowed me to find an oasis in the desert! I had no idea what loose leaf tea was, but now I believe in this company and the product! I hope that I can extend some of the love and knowledge with all of our followers and readers!
This section will not be visible in live published website. Below are your current settings:
Current Number Of Columns are = 3
Expand Posts Area = 1
Gap/Space Between Posts = 10px
Blog Post Style = card
Use of custom card colors instead of default colors =
Blog Post Card Background Color = current color
Blog Post Card Shadow Color = current color
Blog Post Card Border Color = current color
Publish the website and visit your blog page to see the results